April 10, 2011
If you are frequently using you Mac over time you will notice that the Mac system slows down. This is quite true if your one of the Mac users that constantly run security updates replaces operating systems components and creates and deletes large files. Chances are you are increasing files that are fragmented in the hard disk and even degrading the performance of Mac system. One of the solution to these is using Mac defrag freeware that will defrag the hard drive and improve the system performance in the process.
If you’re looking for defragging software for Mac OS X, here’s one of the available defrag freeware that you can download readily:
iDefrag Mac Defragger
iDefrag solves fragmented files in the hard disk by defragmenting and optimizing the file system of Mac in the process. It has the following features and capabilities:
- Defrag individual files: Allows you to select and defragment individual files without affecting the rest of the hard disk.
- No need for bootable CD/DVD: All you need to do is click the Go options and iDefrag will reboot automatically the machine into special mode and run the defragging process without the need for separate boot disk.
- Improved performance: It is packed with performance tweaking routines that speed up the Mac system.
- Improved user interface: It has easy to use and understand user interface that has reduced cluttered options and improved accessibility for users.
- Full support the Mac OS X Snow Leopard: It works well with the Mac OS X latest version and even the Apple’s latest hardware specifications.
- Works with Time Machine: it is even safer to use with the Time Machine back up.
- Supports the journaled file systems: It supports the journaled file system and knows how to deal with it automatically. You don’t need to turn off the journaling in order to defrag or optimize the hard disk.
- Supports HFS+: It deals with the case sensitive HFS+ too for compatibility with the UNIX software.
- Supports Hot Zone: It supports the hot zones and places the files to the right location.
10. Thermal Monitoring: While defragging the hard disk the iDefarg application will monitor also the temperature of your disk. Once it is already warm, the application will have to wait for the disk to cool down before proceeding to defragging process.
11. Uses powerful defragmentation algorithms: You can either choose optimize or compact disk if you want to optimize the Mac system and rearrange the files in the hard disk.
12. Defragment the disk even if it is in use: It can even run simple defragmentation process even if the disk is still in use.
13. AppleScript and Automator Support: It also supports AppleScript and has Automator action without the need to learn about AppleScript while defragging the process.
iDefrag is simply one of the recommended Mac defrag freeware that is capable of tweaking the performance of your Mac system, defragging the files in the hard disk and reorganizing everything. All you need to do is wait for the process to take off and you will see an improve performance of the Mac system afterwards.
Incoming search terms:
March 2, 2011
Mac users would often wonder if there is a need to defragment Mac system. What is this for? Here is helpful information that might give you a head start regarding this defragmentation process.
Fragmentation happens when certain files are created and deleted. This is quite true if you have created three files in your Mac system and then delete the second one. If the users happen to create a fourth file which is larger than the size of the second files that have been deleted, the Mac system itself will save a portion of the fourth file on the space that was occupied by the second file and the other remainder on other files. Thus in order to access the fourth file the system will have to look in two locations.
What’s good about the Mac system is that their file systems are already architecture to work on certain fragmentation process. This does not affect the performance of the Mac system itself and its users. And users on the other hand are not required anymore to frequently defragment the hard disk of their system. But this is not the true case all the time for Mac system because as users are using their computers and access the hard disk for certain files, it can all have an impact on the performance of the machine.
Once large files are created and deleted, hard disk may become fragmented that can cause a low on the Mac system performance. When this happen, Mac users have the prerogative to use third party applications that is capable of defragmenting the Mac system and even back up the hard disk and initialize the Apple Drive Setup in order to restore the files. The defragmentation process often results to large amount of disk processes because large files of data will be arranged and rearranged. There is some third party defragmenting software that is not capable of recovering certain files on the hard disk and important files will be surely at risk. It is necessary to backup first the current hard disk before using these defragmentation applications.
However, there are benefits of defragmenting Mac hard disk because it can improve the Mac performance itself. But as Mac users you need to consider a lot before defragmenting your Mac. Before doing this restart the Mac system. If you have full disk and you need to alter large files defragmenting it might solve the problem with the use of some third party disk utilities. You can also have an option to backup first all the important files in the Mac system, then erase the hard disk and reinstall the Mac OS X and then retrieve all your backup files later on.
As Mac users defragment Mac is somehow beneficial and needed for your Mac system. You can do this by the help of third party defragmentation applications. However doing so requires a lot of consideration particularly in protecting important files in the system. It is quite important to backup all the hard disk files before defragging the Mac.
February 25, 2011
Most Mac users that are new to using this system often wondered if they need to defrag their Mac’s hard drive. Unlike the Windows operating system, routine derfragging process is needed to ensure that it is on its top performance. This seems true for Mac system as well and Mac users should be concerned about this. Is there a need for Mac defrag software in your Mac system?
Although Mac system is quite protected and enhanced periodically that defragging it is not needed more often. It is designed with hand application that already enhanced the hard drive capacity and this utility is known as the Disk Utility. The Disk Utility do not include a defragmenting tool in the hard drive because the company itself perceived it already that Mac OS X on its higher versions do not need to be defragmented. The said operating system is already built-in with security measures to prevent the files from being fragmented.
The Mac OS X HFS+ file system as much as possible will not used the recently freed up space in the hard disk. This will look for larger areas that are free in the drive. Doing this will prevent files from being fragmented and let it fit to the available larger space. Another thing that is advantageous with Mac OS X is that is gathers the files and group it into larger areas automatically in the hard disk. When files are written into new larger location this is already defragging process.
The Hot File Adaptive Clustering also monitors the files that is accessed more often and then place these files on a hot zone in the hard drive. Moving them to another location is already a defragging process. The files are ensured to be placed in hard drive area where fast access is possible. Then The Mac OS X also defrags the disk when it detects that it is already fragmented.
Doing this safeguard measure in Mac OS X already don’t need that hard disk space to be defragmented but then when the hard drive is already full of files and a little space is already available, then it cannot perform an automatic routine of defragging it thus it is necessary also to employ third party applications that performs defragmentation on Mac system.
If you are looking for Mac defrag software you can rely on iDefrag as one of the recommended tool. This can perform defragmentation process in your Mac system and ensure you that the system is at its top performance and will run efficiently as well.
Mac system is already built in with architecture that performs an automatic defragging process in the system. It employs the Disk Utility tool that prevents the hard disk to be defragmented more often. Unlike the Windows platform that requires defragging more often, Mac OS is far more different from it. But then when the hard disk space is only 10%, the Disk Utility cannot perform the defragging process already thus it is advisable also to at least employ a defragging tool for your Mac system.