April 10, 2011
If you are frequently using you Mac over time you will notice that the Mac system slows down. This is quite true if your one of the Mac users that constantly run security updates replaces operating systems components and creates and deletes large files. Chances are you are increasing files that are fragmented in the hard disk and even degrading the performance of Mac system. One of the solution to these is using Mac defrag freeware that will defrag the hard drive and improve the system performance in the process.
If you’re looking for defragging software for Mac OS X, here’s one of the available defrag freeware that you can download readily:
iDefrag Mac Defragger
iDefrag solves fragmented files in the hard disk by defragmenting and optimizing the file system of Mac in the process. It has the following features and capabilities:
- Defrag individual files: Allows you to select and defragment individual files without affecting the rest of the hard disk.
- No need for bootable CD/DVD: All you need to do is click the Go options and iDefrag will reboot automatically the machine into special mode and run the defragging process without the need for separate boot disk.
- Improved performance: It is packed with performance tweaking routines that speed up the Mac system.
- Improved user interface: It has easy to use and understand user interface that has reduced cluttered options and improved accessibility for users.
- Full support the Mac OS X Snow Leopard: It works well with the Mac OS X latest version and even the Apple’s latest hardware specifications.
- Works with Time Machine: it is even safer to use with the Time Machine back up.
- Supports the journaled file systems: It supports the journaled file system and knows how to deal with it automatically. You don’t need to turn off the journaling in order to defrag or optimize the hard disk.
- Supports HFS+: It deals with the case sensitive HFS+ too for compatibility with the UNIX software.
- Supports Hot Zone: It supports the hot zones and places the files to the right location.
10. Thermal Monitoring: While defragging the hard disk the iDefarg application will monitor also the temperature of your disk. Once it is already warm, the application will have to wait for the disk to cool down before proceeding to defragging process.
11. Uses powerful defragmentation algorithms: You can either choose optimize or compact disk if you want to optimize the Mac system and rearrange the files in the hard disk.
12. Defragment the disk even if it is in use: It can even run simple defragmentation process even if the disk is still in use.
13. AppleScript and Automator Support: It also supports AppleScript and has Automator action without the need to learn about AppleScript while defragging the process.
iDefrag is simply one of the recommended Mac defrag freeware that is capable of tweaking the performance of your Mac system, defragging the files in the hard disk and reorganizing everything. All you need to do is wait for the process to take off and you will see an improve performance of the Mac system afterwards.